Winterbrook Planning Sustainability at Work
Our business is built on the harmonious integration of the built and natural environments. Among the many things we do to promote this harmonious relationship, Winterbrook Planning has been, and will continue to be, a gold-certified Sustatinability at Work business. To meet this mark, we met 45 actions on this application.
Here are a few of the things we do to meet get this gold certification:
- Sustainability best practices, including internal operations and commuting options, are communicated to new employees.
- Three major supplies have 30% or greater post-consumer recycled content, one of which must be copy paper.
- Programmable thermostats are set back when space is typically unoccupied.
- Employees’ commute methods are measured and monitored.
- At least 3 short-term and 3 long-term bike parking spaces are provided (or 25% more than is required by Portland Code; whichever is greater).
- Carbon offsets are purchased for work-related transportation.
- Participates in Portland Composts.
- Teleconference and videoconference technologies are used.
If you want your business to become certified, you can read more about the sustainability program.
Please visit our About Us page to learn more about our values.