MCDD ditch safety project completed
As part of a worker safety upgrade and regulatory compliance project, the Multnomah County Drainage District was granted approval of an Environmental Review covering five site development areas for:
- Re-grading existing grade and placing gravel for an approach used for worker access
- Installation of fall protection structures (concrete vaults) to be placed over the upstream edge of the existing culverts
- Temporary excavation below the culverts to place gravel below the vaults
- Railing installation on the platforms of the vaults
- Improvements of access paths to the structures, including installation of stairs
- Temporary staging areas and construction access
- Permanent fill around the structures to provide bank stability and smooth hydraulic transitions
We were excited to see the final product Mid-July!
We have a long history of working with the Multnomah County Drainage District, and we have some of our more elaborate projects outlined in our portfolio.